Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 800 rmk with an slp single and all the stuff slp recommends to go with it(mtx weights, springs, helixes, intake). At full throttle on flat packed ground it rev's to 8000 and holds. In powder and hills it revs' to 7200 or so and holds but will not climb to 8000. How do i make it gain that extra 800 rpm and hold?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by STEVE650
[br]First you have to know what is the peak HP rpm. This is where you wanna makes the engine to rev.
I mean with all these mod, the peak rpm will change, did SLP tell to make the engine to rev at 8000?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It could be your clutch setup. If its doing it when under load than something might be out of adjustment. Possibly to much fly weight. Weight determines rpms. Less weight more rpms, more weight less rpms. If you want to try weight try it a little to time. The parts that slp gave you probably are made for a variety of sleds so you might have to adjust for your sled. Just a thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you changing elevation when you go from hard pack to the hills, when you change elevation you have to change your clutching depending on the elevation difference. 800 rpm seems like alot of change from hardpack to powder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts