Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had heard that if you were riding in powder alot and wanted to get a little better deep snow climbing ability you could modify your bolt pattern for your rear bogies wheels or the top boggie wheels down a bit with some sort of mod kid to have more of an angle to your track. I am now sure what it is called, all I know is that my buddy had it done on his sleigh (he moved away so I was unable to ask him) but it allowed him to go in deeper snow and kind of climb right out of the deep snow where he would dig in before he did the mod.

Anyone have any ideas on how and what he did. Pictures would be great as well.

Another question was he added a block to his front skis. It raised it and gave him if I remember correctly better stearing or something. What did he do there. Thanks all

Gigerous

·
Registered
975 Posts
[8D]Check with www.offroad.com They have alot of answers for that stuff with step by step pics as well if no one can help you here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr Polaris18 but I cannot find any step by step picks there. I checked the snowmobile section but didnt find any. Can you give me a clue where to find them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
My T-Cat M/C is set up in the short track geometry but depending on your rail and whether your sled has this option you may need to make new brackets for your tunnel and replace or modify your rails.

I am a little confused as to exactly what you are asking. Rolling the chaincase will reduce your angle of attack and help you get on top of the snow better. of course all this cost time and money.

What kind of sled is it?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Think you can go in the archives or search. Been a while since I've been there. I gave it to someone else on here before.This was showing how to do it for a Polaris. I've heard that you can buy an after-market kit for yamaha (think 12 inch). Remember what you do the back you have to do to the front as well. Higher in the back= higher in the front. I'll try and find the info again for you. Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts