Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I couldn't stand looking at my sled just sitting there anymore, so I went racing today.A local club ran a 400' race against a clock with a radar gun. Unfortunately they didn't have many 440's, so I had to run my un-studded fan with liquids & studded sleds.I didn't run as feebley as I thought I would, I got 4th(no glory in that), but considering the competition not all bad for my 1st time out.I ran400 ft in 7.06 sec at 51 mph.
The conditions were pretty sad, they tried to import some snow so at least the first 200 feet had a little , but it was mostly grass and mud.Thank god I have a sissy sled so I got to run in the first ten or so when it was still pretty fresh, it got to be quite a quagmire toward the end.
I had a really good time, and I got a couple good pictures of my cousin(who won the 600cc non studded class).If someone wants to post them for me, I'll send them to ya.
There's another drag race in a month or so at Plattekill ski center(mmm,synthetic snow)so I'll have to go run there and take another ass woopin!Oh well, it's all fun anyways!

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
As long as you had fun it doesn't really matter how you did. Unless there was a hefty entry fee and a high payout to the winner.......

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yea, fun is the key word. They might as well just have grass drags. That is what it amounts to now. I think I am gonna grass drag my sled this summer. It sounds like a lot of fun and I have never done it before.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
529 Posts
Seems like the talk around hear these days is grass drags. Maybe polaris will be releasing a grassmobile for the new model year. LOL Sorry I couldn't help myself on that one. This year is so depresing. Old man winter you SUCK!!!!!!!

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fastest time of the day was run by Mark Guy on his old 600 xc open sled- 4.77 @ 76 mph.I noticed in stock classes that the 600 & 700 twins were fastest for running 400'.All the tripples that ran pretty much sucked except for one.An older 600 zrt.All the other tripples were pretty sad(I got faster times than most of them with my fan!), the track was too short.They wouldn't even start coming on strong untill 2/3 of the way down the run.The day was completely dominated by Polaris and Ski Doo.My favorite sled to watch is Guy Racing's 600 edge X studded stocker.They almost always win 600, 700 & 800 class with that animal.
I can't wait for the next local race in Plattekill.Maybe they'll have a non studded 440 fan class for me so I don't have to run against studded liquids.Hell, I may even place if that's the case!

Dude, don't freak out.

Edited by - steve on 25 Feb 2002 17:54:47

1 - 6 of 6 Posts