Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the mountain SRX, only made in MY 1998, and discontinued after that, didn't sell well at all

one of, if not the rarest yamaha sled made in recent history (barring the mountain max 800)

here she is in her native environment

/snofan/../images/users/Junior/srxlaunch_right.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/Junior/IainSRXHarrowsmith.jpg

and finally, with studs, as she's meant to be, at woody's shootout in fenwick.
/snofan/../images/users/Junior/November102002.jpg

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CRAP

those first 2 are WAY 2 big

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Cool, i didn't know they ever made a Mt. SRX.

What kind of E.T's are you pulling???

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
if it's a mountain sled shouldn't it have a long track??? or did you convert it

---------------
FOR SALE: 91 Polaris Indy 500 SP...check my profile for more info and pictures

·
Registered
322 Posts
That reminds me of two pics of rare MX Z's I saw. I was on search one day and found a pic of a 2000 MX Z 800 (One of two prototypes made that year) that a guy bought from Ski-Doo...and the other was a 2000 MX Z 700 w/ the split yellow/black hood, except it was reversed from the hoods on the newer ones. Looked really cool, because I loved the stickers on the 2000 MX Z's.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
500' et's are 6.2's with no studs, stock. movin pretty good in my opinion, I need to get a real set-up for her next year tho, I"m gonna open the engagement, and get some chisels, no more of this round trail stud crap.

ya, it's a 136" which was considered a mountain back in the day : )
same as the MXZ renegades use, so I'm hopein it'll be able to handle trails aswell.

ya, they only made it the one year, and I don't think they made much more than 500-600 of them, and alot of them where sold in japan, and out in the rocky's, so we flatlanders don't see them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O MAN, I just had her out in the powder, all I have to say is WOW, even with 4 studs per bar, and that big long track, with the gearing I have in her, U can punch it while rolling on at about 80kph and she'll just spin the track to beat hell, if she bites, U better believe that she'll carry the skiis for as long a stretch as I could find for her today. runnin a bit hot in the middle cylinder, but I gotta change my needles yet, so I'm sure it'll work out ok : )

all I have to say is WOW, dad gets on the throttle on the viper, and I punch it, and it's a battle for traction : ) at over 100kph (60mph)

wow man, I've never ridden anything like that in the snow before, it's amazing, so stable to, even bounceing off the moguls at speed, she comes down flat, no concern at all as to whether she's comein down on her feet or on her side.

wow, sorry guys, don't mean to rant, but I just got back in from my first real ride on a new toy, and now I"m goin back out, I'll catch up with you guys later : )

wow permasmile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts