Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, i have heard that the XLT's responded really well to a 20 tooth top gear, so i decided its time for the Triumph to get one to try it out. I guess what i am looking for is someone who has already installed and tried this. I realize that i am only stepping down about 0.1 of a ratio which i would think should give me what i am looking for. I also realize that i will lose some top-end speed, does anyone know about how much i will lose? I expect only a 5mph or less drop in speed, but also expect to gain quite a bit of low end and mid-range power. Am i expecting too much for this $25 gear or am i heading in the right direction? I pretty much know what to expect, but i am looking for someone who has actually attempted this gearing issue.

Thanks guys, for everything

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've never done it to my xlt, but, I did this to my Ultra. Big difference! Big change in the corner's. My sled pulled alot harder in the corner's was quicker out of the hole. I put pipes on my Ultra and went back to the oem gear. It is definitely a cheap improvement to make to a sled.

Runner

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
with stock clutching you might lose some top end, if you have akit in it you will go faster.i ran a 20 tooth in mine and i am a heavy guy and with the pipes and other work i could smoke my friend 95 mach 1 in the 1/8 mile on grass. than i had a passenger ride with me and we still beat him in the short run but at the end of the short run he would slowly walk by me and keep going. it will help with take off a little bit and on the trail it should help. dont expect to go on you firts ride thinking you are going to have a longer reach when you get home.lol its not that big of a difference.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts