Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i Put a set of K&N air filters on my indy 500 would I have to re-jet?
Also, Is there any place on line I can buy Clutch Kits for 96 indy 500?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Go to
www.blackmagicracing.com
or
www.royaldistributing.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah you owuld have to rejet you will most likely flow a lot more air. Replacing air box with filters isn't always the best method for gaining power.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
why do people link to BlackMagic Racing for polaris stuff? haven't you done that before ZRT? Black Magic is 100% arctic cat(though I hear they are working on the RX-1). Am I missing how you access the catalog on the other site? Its canadian so it won't be a great help anyway but I don't see how to access the catalog unless I enter the page number.

·
Registered
837 Posts
io put K&n on my 96 mxz 583 and i final got the jetting right after installing a pyro 2000 egt setup and my stock jetting was 240-250 and pilots 50, after k&n the pilots are 55 and the main jets are 350-360, i had to jet up 110 sizes, and these setting are correct plugs and the temp agrees, you may have opened a big can of worms with them also if you do any powder riding or when its snow hard to will need prefilters, my carbs would get a nice coating of ice on the inside becasue the filters get a little warm due to under hood temps and then the water vapor goes through and since the gas in and the carbs are cold it coat the inside with ice then it runs like crap. nmot trying to scare you but thats what happened to me. those filter ended up costing me about $200-250 for other parts to get them to work right

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
uhh try and find a service manual and don't attempt it unless you think you are gonna be capable. Lots of little parts in there.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
One of the best places for Polaris clutching and clutch kits is Erlandson Performance:

www.erlandsonperformance.com/index.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts