Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Clinton and nafta; companies have been going to mexico to cut corners. and our economy has suffered bitterly and the quality of products now made in mexico has suffered.

Nafta should have never happened, more companies in America mean more jobs and more taxes paid and a better economy. NAFTA has done nothing but destroy our economy!! fewer jobs, and the quality of products made in mexico has severely declined. it was a trade off so Clinton could get kick backs.

I think everyone needs to send scott wine and polaris a message that moving your manufacturing to mexico wont gain you sales.

and everyone boycott polaris.

At the worst possible time scott wine decides they are going to move to mexico.
in a down economy they are going to put 515 american workers out of a job.
it's christmas eve now... i wonder how many of those 515 loyal american workers are struggling to give their families christmas???

not only is polaris going to skimp even further on their failing quality (19 recalls since 2000, while yamaha has 4 and honda has 7 recalls since that time) but they are going to leave america in a down economy further lowering our economy, and cutting the throats of 515 loyal american workers.

and they have eluded to moving more plants to mexico in the future.

Scott Wine has arrogantly said he didn't think americans will care if their american made polaris is now made in mexico. well let me say it...
I DO CARE!!! AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER POLARIS!!!

i wonder how many of those 515 loyal american workers care?

my guess would be all of them.

send polaris a message that they cannot cut the throats of american workers and get away with it.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
wolfe said:
Ever since Clinton and nafta; companies have been going to mexico to cut corners. and our economy has suffered bitterly and the quality of products now made in mexico has suffered.

Nafta should have never happened, more companies in America mean more jobs and [highlight=red]more taxes paid[/highlight=red] and a better economy. NAFTA has done nothing but destroy our economy!! fewer jobs, and the quality of products made in mexico has severely declined. it was a trade off so Clinton could get kick backs.

[highlight=yellow][highlight=red] I think everyone needs to send scott wine and polaris a message that moving your manufacturing to mexico wont gain you sales.[/highlight=red]and everyone boycott polaris.[/highlight=yellow]
it's christmas eve now... i wonder how many of those 515 loyal american workers are struggling to give their families christmas???

not only is polaris going to skimp even further on their failing quality (19 recalls since 2000, while yamaha has 4 and honda has 7 recalls since that time) but they are going to leave america in a down economy further lowering our economy, and cutting the throats of 515 loyal american workers.

Scott Wine has arrogantly said he didn't think americans will care if their american made polaris is now made in mexico. well let me say it...
I DO CARE!!! [highlight=green]AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER POLARIS!!![/highlight=green]i wonder how many of those 515 loyal american workers care?

send polaris a message that they cannot cut the throats of american workers and get away with it.
Yup...more taxes, there's a good one! PFFFT![highlight=red][/highlight=red]

[highlight=yellow]Maybe we should be sending a message to the unions that an honest days work for an honest paycheck should exist![/highlight=yellow]

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

I'm not happy that jobs are going to mexico at all. I also know that Polaris isn't doing it to cut the throats of their employees either. If we didn't have unions jacking up labor to rediculous amounts maybe polaris could afford to produce there products at a fair price. You seem to have all the answer for this happening but you are pretty one sided. Why do think sleds are 10 grand +??? You think paying a union worker a 45 dollar an hour package for screwing an a-arm to a sled over and over all day is fiscally responsible??? Ya me neither idiot. Sure, if you are skilled, you deserve more money based on your skill. Pretty sure a grunt shouldn't be paid the same as someone else who is performing a skilled trade just because they vote at the same union hall!
Like I said, before you put all the blame on polaris I think you have a few others to thank. Good day!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah they released this info back in May 2010. Sleds and motorcycles will still be made here, but all parts and some other operations will move to Mehicco. Looks like Polaris oem stuff will now be of the same quality as kimpex and parts unlimited.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm not necessarily happy about some of Polaris moving to Mexico, but that doesn't mean I'm never going to buy anything from them. If I had that attitude I wouldn't be able to buy anything, from anyone. They probably have no other option in this anti-business country. I'm just glad that they've lasted as long as they have solely in the US. Quality of their products doesn't really depend on who assembles them either.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
EVERYTHING is in Mexico....except the Mexicans, they keep coming here....[:(!]

but hey, the lawns have to be mowed...and the fruit needs picking...

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
pick up some new polaris parts, look for the made in mexico label. ive been seeing it for a while. just because the product is made south of the border wont mean its gonna perform south of any other product in the industry.

right now i have faith in polaris... until their sleds start coming with sombreros, i think we will be fine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may be, but I thought NAFTA(which I have always thought was a bad idea) was a Regan era deal.

Mike

1,792 Posts
msh93xlt said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may be, but I thought NAFTA(which I have always thought was a bad idea) was a Regan era deal.

Mike
Please stop making up lies. It's bad enough many liberals out there think GW Bush signed NAFTA.

Google "President signs NAFTA" for the truth.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm the kind of guy who sits back and watches the news, whatever happens happens. Don't need to go sending people e-mails and such when in the end, the decision was already made a long time ago and not much is going to make them change their minds.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Quinlan said:
I love how a guy registers, posts that, then leaves...

·
Registered
453 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
Yup...more taxes, there's a good one! PFFFT![highlight=red][/highlight=red]

[highlight=yellow]Maybe we should be sending a message to the unions that an honest days work for an honest paycheck should exist![/highlight=yellow]

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

I'm not happy that jobs are going to mexico at all. I also know that Polaris isn't doing it to cut the throats of their employees either. If we didn't have unions jacking up labor to rediculous amounts maybe polaris could afford to produce there products at a fair price. You seem to have all the answer for this happening but you are pretty one sided. Why do think sleds are 10 grand +??? You think paying a union worker a 45 dollar an hour package for screwing an a-arm to a sled over and over all day is fiscally responsible??? Ya me neither idiot. Sure, if you are skilled, you deserve more money based on your skill. Pretty sure a grunt shouldn't be paid the same as someone else who is performing a skilled trade just because they vote at the same union hall!
Like I said, before you put all the blame on polaris I think you have a few others to thank. Good day!
Amen, brother! Couldn't have said it better myself.

sledneck1978 said:
If we didn't have unions jacking up labor to rediculous amounts...
Imagine buying anything in the US that wasn't union made; products would last twice as long, it would cost half as much and we'd have twice the amount of jobs kept in America!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
wolfe said:

Nafta should have never happened, more companies in America mean more jobs and more taxes paid and a better economy. NAFTA has done nothing but destroy our economy!! fewer jobs, and the quality of products made in mexico has severely declined. it was a trade off so Clinton could get kick backs.

I think everyone needs to send scott wine and polaris a message that moving your manufacturing to mexico wont gain you sales.

[highlight=yellow]and everyone boycott polaris.[/highlight=yellow]

I DO CARE!!! AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER POLARIS!!!

i wonder how many of those 515 loyal american workers care?

Wow, now there's a solid solution!!!!
Why would you even say that? You must be one of those that doesn't care about the American companies. Yeah, nobody buy and Polaris products and run the company bankrupt!! Perfect solution.

I, myself WILL still buy Polaris products and will continue to do so.

Go bark at the moon or something, wolfe

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
msh93xlt said:

Mike
NAFTA was passed by a republican house and senate, and signed by slick willie, that dipsh*t Newt Gingrich is just as responsable as willie is for NAFTA, it didnt take a G E D to figure out what NAFTA was going to lead to...

the sad part of the story is that if some company decided to move to wisconsin and hire these 515 people, the very next day they'd vote to unionize and the state would see an opportunity to azz rape a corporation!!![V]

·
Registered
149 Posts
robosnow said:
Yeah they released this info back in May 2010. Sleds and motorcycles will still be made here, but all parts and some other operations will move to Mehicco. Looks like Polaris oem stuff will now be of the same quality as kimpex and parts unlimited[/color=darkblue].
Good buy polaris..Hello ski-doo!!! this just made it alot eaiser for me when i get a new sled.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
95mach1670 said:
robosnow said:
Yeah they released this info back in May 2010. Sleds and motorcycles will still be made here, but all parts and some other operations will move to Mehicco. Looks like Polaris oem stuff will now be of the same quality as kimpex and parts unlimited[/color=darkblue].
Good buy polaris..Hello ski-doo!!! this just made it alot eaiser for me when i get a new sled.

So your solution to outsourcing is to buy a sled from a company based in Canada, with an engine made in Austria... brilliant! [thumb]

·
Registered
149 Posts
MX86 said:
95mach1670 said:
robosnow said:

So your solution to outsourcing is to buy a sled from a company based in Canada, with an engine made in Austria... brilliant! [thumb]
better than some **** building sled parts they know nothing about lol..

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
95mach1670 said:
MX86 said:
95mach1670 said:
robosnow said:

better than some **** building sled parts they know nothing about lol..

Were do you suppose the parts for your trusty old skidoo are being manufactured? how about your car? Your coffee maker? Refrigerator? Lawn Mower? Yup... I'd say for the most part they got their shit together, since 80% are manufactured outside of the United States and then are either imported and assembled or just imported. Welcome to cutting costs and outsourcing. If you can't see past that my friend then you are blind. You wanna Punish Polaris for outsourcing then you will have to boycott every other manufacturer that you buy next to EVERYTHING from. Boycott Walmart, Toyota, GM, Chrysler, Ford, GE, Etc....

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Polaris workers are union??
I know the weld shop wasn't back in the mid 90's when we ran into a few of the workers on a sledding trip.

off topic..
Not all union workers eat off a silver spoon,
I am a union Concrete worker and earn every penny I make. No freebies here. Union does very little for me other than find me a job(not likely in this job market). I barely make $30g a year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts