Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/snofan/../images/users/erick/notrack.jpg

I think not.... [:(] Waiting on a new Polaris 1.25" track.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
ouch

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I dunno what u were talking about, but please keep the gay rape talk somewhere else...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Eric - What do you ride?? Polaris what???

·
Registered
312 Posts
Judging from the location of the trailing arm, i would say its a pre-1998 indy chassis, since the 1998 twins marked the beginning of the tipped in trailing arms, which that sled doesnt have. Also, can tell it didnt come from a fan-cooled chassis, since it lacks the grill on the left side belly pan.

So, im guessing a mid 90s indy 600.

·
Registered
312 Posts
After seeing the other picture of erick's sled in the decals thread, i change my mind...

1998ish XCR600 or 700 (aggressive chassis)

Gettin closer erick?

·
Registered
637 Posts
meh, It could have been a tripple.. they didn't have tipped in arms.. I would think it would be easier to turn an Agressive into a GEN II than a Wedge.. myabe it was like a '97 xcr 600..

haha whoa.. the suspense is gonna kill me..

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Real close actually. 1998 XCR 700 Chassis. Was used in a lot of grass drags. New GEN II bellypan and hood, XC 700 Twin w/VES...a few prototype parts, shortened reed intake, higher compression head, etc... Seat comes from whoe knows what. Fox shocks, the whoe works. Getting 1.25 inch track w/ pro-x or edge rear suspention. Had to change the motor mounts, to fit the twin in, team roller secondary clutch, hotseat pipe, stuff stuff stuff. I will find the thread where this was put together. The engine is a 2002 model.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is that thread.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=789

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Erick, you must keep me posted on the install of the edge skid into your sled, i was thinking of doing this same thing, but i cant justify spending the $$$ right now.

Oh yeah, did you ever get a better looking windsheild for that thing yet?[:p] Would look better with a flared windsheild or else cutting that one down like the other guys on the forum did.[8D]

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Oh yeah guys, my '00 Triumph is a true Gen II chassis and the trailing arms aren't tipped in. They are just like Ericks.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Originally posted by TriumphoverU
[br]Oh yeah guys, my '00 Triumph is a true Gen II chassis and the trailing arms aren't tipped in. They are just like Ericks.
The "true" Gen II chassis was released in 1999 on the XC's and it was equipped with the XC-10 front suspension, which has tipped in trailing arms.

1999 XC 600, 1999 XC 700, 1999 XCR 440, 1999 XC 500

The only 1999 in a Gen II chassis without tipped in trailing arms is a Sport and the RMK models.

They all were Gen II sleds, and all of them have XC-10 front.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Polaris-Man Posted - November 11 2003 : 1:10:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TriumphoverU

Oh yeah guys, my '00 Triumph is a true Gen II chassis and the trailing arms aren't tipped in. They are just like Ericks.

The "true" Gen II chassis was released in 1999 on the XC's and it was equipped with the XC-10 front suspension, which has tipped in trailing arms.

1999 XC 600, 1999 XC 700, 1999 XCR 440, 1999 XC 500

The only 1999 in a Gen II chassis without tipped in trailing arms is a Sport and the RMK models.

They all were Gen II sleds, and all of them have XC-10 front.
Looks on P-man's own site, polarisfiles.com (see link below)and it says: Chassis GenII[8D][8D][8D]

lol, i know what your sayin though p-man, and i agree, but couldnt help myself[:D]

http://www.polarisfiles.com/snowmobile/index.asp?year=2000&sid=130

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought the front suspention was called IFS XTRA or something like that, xtra-10 IFS...something in the neighborhood. And yes I did get a new windsheild for it.

/snofan/../images/users/erick/winsheild_small.jpg

1 - 20 of 67 Posts