Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though there is hardly any snow around here, I decided to put my sled back together (my carbs were sitting in my garage after a cleaning).

Remember how I said my engine acted like it ran on one cylinder at high speeds? Well, While I put the carbs back on, I wiggled, and pushed the spark plug boots on the wires, making sure they were on solidly.

Well, I fired it up on the stand, warmed it up, and did a few short (till the speedo read 90mph) full throttle pulls. It SEEMS like it no longer is running on one cylinder on the high end. It SEEMS to have the SNAP that it used to now.

We'll see if I ever get a chance to actually go riding, and find out for sure.

-Dean

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Um, Hello? Snow? Where the heck are you?

Good to hear u fixed your problem. Although I don't recommend opening up your throttle while the sled is on a stand, I mean, spinning the track is ok, but winding it out isn't such a good idea.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i watched the tach the whole time... It shifts (This was a typo [red]editied by Polaris-Man[/red]) out at about 7100 under full throttle, and the clutches kept the RPMs under about 7200 for the whole pull. (although the track went from 0-90mph pretty damn quick, like 1 full seccond)

I also made sure the engine was between warm and hot to the touch first. I don't feel like f-ing up my aftermarket pistons by reving it high while it is cold (wiseco's are known to break skirts off when run hard while still cold - they shink more while cold, leaving a relatively large piston to cylinder wall clearance when cold)

-Dean

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
You can't really judge your shifting and stuff from a stand, it changes drastically when there is load on the engine.

Plus just letting the engine spin isn't good for it.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts