Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here i am riding along, when im on the side of a hill and i see a big black pile so of course me i go up to it and see what it is. its a badger or sumthing hole but it crawls out of the hole and of course me being me i punch it. of course whatever is under my track died so i kept going so i turn around to head back to home when i realize i smell something burning........ and i cant hardly move. i open my hood open the clutch cover and what do i see? my speedo cable got wrapped around my primary clutch which of course scars my clutch, and then it wraps around my secondary clutch.... which in turn expands it and burns the belt out... there i sit unwinding my speedo cable when i realize that my hood is cracked... alot! my speedo cable top just happened to grab one oh my hood openings and cracks the hood across the middle [Disappointed] so what im trying to say is next time u take off ur speedo cable make sure its tight so this doesn't happen to you

· Registered
325 Posts
^ OK that makes sense I took the "Me being me I punched it" as he punched the badger
thanks for clearing that up.

it does make a funny picture, riding up to a badger and punching it then driving away.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tshack420 said:
99Polaris500 said:
I'm confused!

So you punched the badger?

How did you get the crack in the hood
he punched the throttle, and ran the poor critter over, and got what he deserved in return [nana]
nahh it came out of its hole too soon anyway, musta been sick and plus u cant tell me youve never hit something like that, andthe top of my speedo cable grabbed that metal plate at the middle opening holes in my hood and just ripped it down which cracked my hood... so if anyone has a sled for parts, send me a message

· Registered
72 Posts
95XLTSP said:
tshack420 said:
99Polaris500 said:
I'm confused!

So you punched the badger?
I don't think I have ever seen a Badger in the wild, unless you count the ones in Madison.
How did you get the crack in the hood
he punched the throttle, and ran the poor critter over, and got what he deserved in return [nana]
nahh it came out of its hole too soon anyway, musta been sick and plus u cant tell me youve never hit something like that, andthe top of my speedo cable grabbed that metal plate at the middle opening holes in my hood and just ripped it down which cracked my hood... so if anyone has a sled for parts, send me a message

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Tonight I was rippin around a corner, and what's in the middle of the trail about 10 feet past the corner?

A Skunk!!!

I steered clear, and almost took out a tree in the process but miraculously missed. Karma..

· Registered
256 Posts
why disconnect the speedo cable in the first place? Trying to show lower miles on the sled or something

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
robosnow said:
why disconnect the speedo cable in the first place? Trying to show lower miles on the sled or something
lightbulb replacement actually but i guess i didnt torque it down enough... my bad

old_school said:
Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers.
this is true and plus y would it b out already? i mean cmon sleep a little bit more

· Registered
261 Posts
perhaps the badger needed a mid morning snack? Sucks about the hood, perhaps if you were riding at a reasonably rate you wouldn't have hit it? Reminds me of the idiots that punch it t make the red light, and cause a huge an accident... They deerve it. However the victim doesn't

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
k2_huckdoll said:
perhaps the badger needed a mid morning snack? Sucks about the hood, perhaps if you were riding at a reasonably rate you wouldn't have hit it? Reminds me of the idiots that punch it t make the red light, and cause a huge an accident... They deerve it. However the victim doesn't
do u even know what a badger is? like srsly and plus they make hugs ass holes that people like me have to drive over when were haying and s*** and plus man those freakin things chase ya its gay as hell

· Registered
20 Posts
I blew a belt and it grabbed my speedo cable and wrapped it around both clutches too. I sanded all of the clutch surfaces with 400 grit sandpaper. Then I throroughlycleaned them with acetone several times. Some of the scars are still there but they are minimal now and there are no more burs. I have ridden it and it seems fine, but you never know. New clutches are big bucks so I'm hoping that this works.

· Registered
114 Posts
Pro-Xslacker said:
I blew a belt and it grabbed my speedo cable and wrapped it around both clutches too. I sanded all of the clutch surfaces with 400 grit sandpaper. Then I throroughlycleaned them with acetone several times. Some of the scars are still there but they are minimal now and there are no more burs. I have ridden it and it seems fine, but you never know. New clutches are big bucks so I'm hoping that this works.
The hits just keep coming,last night thought i'd be a nice guy and let my bud ride his girl on my sled as it was her first time riding and my sled has a much nicer ride than his,well as thing's usually happen they rolled my sled,she has a broken arm and i have a broken sled.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heshtesh said:
Pro-Xslacker said:
The hits just keep coming,last night thought i'd be a nice guy and let my bud ride his girl on my sled as it was her first time riding and my sled has a much nicer ride than his,well as thing's usually happen they rolled my sled,she has a broken arm and i have a broken sled.
yahh its good to be nice but, ive learned that lesson a long time ago haha but idk what i should do i might get some pics up here today and see what you guys think on what to do cause i really dont have much for money and hey i hope you get ur sled fixed man

· Registered
9,987 Posts
heshtesh said:
Fix your sled, and send your buddy the bill for the parts.. If he doesn't pay the bill, he's not that good of a friend anyway.

· Registered
114 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
heshtesh said:
Fix your sled, and send your buddy the bill for the parts.. If he doesn't pay the bill, he's not that good of a friend anyway.
He's a good man jumped rite up and immediately volunteered to pay for the part's,two good thing's he can afford it and his girl's doing well,only windshield and trim parts,and better yet it was my 01 mxzx 800 and not my Sno Pro.

· Registered
585 Posts
95xlt
1. please remove your head from your a$$ next time you type so we can understand what the he!! your saying
2. so you saw the animal and drove up closer to see what it was. after realizing it was a badger, you punched the animal and ran over another oneif i read that right. Even though a badger may not make your day, your an idiot for doing what you did, your the reason snowmobilers have a bad name.
3. you unplugged your speedo to cheat on miles, dont bullsh!t anyone here ... i hope your motor blows up, then you will get what you deserve, a nice long vacation to think about how big of a deuce you acted like.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.