Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a small oil leak out of the exhaust valves on my 2002 polaris 700 classic...i put a new bessel in it before i went north and it did it all week.....it just drips like very very very very slowly and i dont understand it please get back to me......thanks alot

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
try a little bit of the high temp rtv silicone (red) on the gaskets. we just did it on my friends pro xr 440 and it stopped it from leaking

·
Registered
222 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
try a little bit of the high temp rtv silicone (red) on the gaskets. we just did it on my friends pro xr 440 and it stopped it from leaking

ya like storym said put some of that silicone on, we did it to my friends 2000 Xc 600 and then rode yesterday and no more leaks! his used to drip too and its fixed now. And if it works for him im guessin itll work for you seeing as he pounds the snot outta his sled

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MN_SlEdnEck said:
sTOrMy96 said:

ya like storym said put some of that silicone on, we did it to my friends 2000 Xc 600 and then rode yesterday and no more leaks! his used to drip too and its fixed now. And if it works for him im guessin itll work for you seeing as he pounds the snot outta his sled
ok thanks guys i appretiate it....so just put alittle rtv where the black cap sets on and it should be all set thanks again

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
use grey silicone,its gas and oil resistant more than the others.
dont seal the cap, the oil will just build up. IMO disassemble and find the leak istead of putting a "bandaid" on it

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thats were it is coming from is the cap...ive put a new bessul in and really thats all thats left in the top section to go wrong...or am i wrong...haha?

·
Registered
222 Posts
polaris_johndeere said:
well thats were it is coming from is the cap...ive put a new bessul in and really thats all thats left in the top section to go wrong...or am i wrong...haha?
no I dont tihnk youre wrong and you know what, if youve figured out the problem and fixed it but it still leaks try the silicone. its not putting a band aid on it, it will fix it and the oil wont build up per say becasue it will stop the leaking. it would only build up if you left space between the silicone and the cap. either silicone will work and besides the only other thing to do would be to but a new oil resrvoir and i dont even know if that would help. PLUS its a pain to take out the oil reservoir because there is so much shit its bolted to

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Shouldn't the bellows prevent oil from getting into the cap? I had a ton of oil in my cap, but that was because my bellows was torn. I can't remember exactly how everything is put together in that assembly, but it seems like there shouldn't be that much oil getting into your exhaust valve cap. Is your injection system using the right amount of oil?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well ya thats the thing i dont understand y the oil is getting past the bellows and why would i have to take the oil reservoir off i do not understand that i guess

·
Registered
222 Posts
you would only take the oil reservoir off if oyu wanted to put a whole new one in with new bellows etc... but for now i would just silicone it til the end of the season

·
Registered
222 Posts
polaris_johndeere said:
the bellows are on the front of the engine i guess i just dont understand but thats ok ahaha thanks alot anyways
oh hahhaha im sorry I was not thinking clearly at all....for some reason i had it in my head that the rubber gasket on top of the oil reservoir was leaking..my bad. well have you come to a conclusion on what youre going to do

1 - 16 of 16 Posts