Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok! i have 144 studs and my rear end feels like it is floating . anybody have any idea why? i have a viper and have messed with the preload a little .

bitten by the viper and never felt so good

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Perhaps you have a little too much ski pressure? You may want to relax your limiter strap a little and see if that helps.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
278 Posts
What length carbides are you running? With 144 studs 6" of carbide should be good.

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
what kind of snow you riding? if it is deep powder studs won't matter it will float. You would have to crank the ski pressure quite a bit I think to take that much of the rear. What length studs you running? On the 2002 Viper with the .925" track 1.125" studs are pretty much what you should run.

·
Registered
278 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

sorry but why does carbide matter with the rear end floating?

[/quote]

The title of this topic is 'Rear end sliding around' and by having too much carbide if your running in any type of hard pack the skiis will have too much bite

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by RtkatZL8:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

sorry but why does carbide matter with the rear end floating?

[/quote]

The title of this topic is 'Rear end sliding around' and by having too much carbide if your running in any type of hard pack the skiis will have too much bite

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

hey thanks alot everyone i will try some of these things out !!! this site rocks !!!! but there is not much snow in michigan heading for grand marie this weak end i see how it works at let you know once agian thanks for the in put.
[/quote]

bitten by the viper and never felt so good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts