Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how to adjust my rear hub on my Haor X1 bmx bike. single sprocket. it keeps getting loose and wiggles back and forth. ive brought it it i think 3 times now and they have adjusted it and it hasnt done sh*t. i dont know if they are getting the job done or not, or if i really beat hat thing that bad.

Anyways, the ol' man is getting sick of bringing it in. I wanna know how to fix it myself. Or if i just need to get a new something all completely??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
695 Posts
99Polaris500 said:
are you talking about the rear rim?
he's talking about the hub in the rear rim you can tighten the skewer with some pliers and a wrench i think but it sounds like your bearings are going out. that doesn't have a sealed hub i think so bearings go pretty quick in them if you ride any were near dirt.

·
Registered
584 Posts
yah that definatly sounds like some bad bearings, i had it happen to my bmx too, just run to the bike store and pick up the bearings for it, pack them with grease and throw em in [thumb]

·
Registered
325 Posts
oh, you should be able to replace them your self.

seems like people are always having problems with those expensive bikes and I never had a problem with cheap bikes that you can get from walmart

·
Registered
695 Posts
i haven't had any problems with my fbm marauder v.2. that bike stood up to some serious beatings.only thing that's wrong with it is the rear wheels a little bent but nothing major.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Serious?! Bad bearings?? I got those replace like 3 weeks ago!! what the hell.... but how do you use the pliers and wrench?? to adjust..?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Should basically have two nuts per side on axle, on most axles you need a really narrow wrench to adjust it. Just run the inside nuts up till theres no play and run the second nuts up and tighten them down, just like a jam nut. Or do what I do, sell those factory rims on ebay and buy some good wheels with sealed bearings out of danscomp. Wheels with unsealed bearing arent worth having if you ride hard.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had a haro backtrail x2 with sealed bearings. Haro would switch it around on those backtrails. Some years they were great some they were just okay. It does sounds like a bearing though

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, well like I said I had the bearings replaced...so not doing that again. BskidooC; is danscomp like a BMX dennis kirk?? I'll google them see what I can find.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Yeah pretty much. If you want any aftermarket parts go with dans comp. They have it all and the cool thing about wheels is you can pick out your own rims, hubs, and spokes and they will lace it up for you for free.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Checking them out right now and was a little sticker shocked.. but would I want to look for a sealed hub and then whatever rims & spokes?? and how am I to choose for cogs?? just count the number of teeth on my bike now and choose the same on the website or equivalent paret??

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Go with whatever you have now as far as teeth go, a lot of hubs have the same thread patterns so you might b able to use the freewheel you have now. Go with a good rim double wall wheel they already have together. The more you ride the more you may want to fine tune your rim.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I messed with and and got the hub tightened today. still a hair of play but good enough. didnt need to beat it just needed it for walking pace with some friends..anyways... I noticed my chain got SUPER loose as the day went on and by me adjusting my hub, did it couse the chain tention to lossen in some way? or aare the chances that I just didnt end up tightening the nuts enough on the outside?

Sorry this is long..

What part is the freewheel? I'm guessing the part with the teeth? If I do need to replace this I would prefer to be as cost effective as possible because I would prefer to use the cash on some other stuff.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Yea your freewheel is your rear sproket. Probly didnt get the nuts thight enough, Thats why I always use chain adjusters, you can always get the tension just the way you want it and the axle nuts can be loose and the adjusters will keep your wheel in place.

·
Registered
47 Posts
rougepolaris said:
i haven't had any problems with my fbm marauder v.2. that bike stood up to some serious beatings.only thing that's wrong with it is the rear wheels a little bent but nothing major.
if your rim is bent bring it in to get it truned it usually straightens it out pretty well scheels in st cloud charges 10 bucks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts