Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of u may or maynot know, i busted off my rear remote res on my 04 pro-x 600, and i cant get parts till monday.So since we just got dumped on with snow, i wanna ride. So franticly searching 4 a shock i realized it was under my nose! A front shock off an Edge?? maybe it will work?? well it turns out to be 1/2in longer! So i give the Fox a total rebuild and cut off the top ring that holds the spring on cuz it gets in the way. And the bushings from the shock that was in there fit right in the Fox. And you have to remove the rubber stopper also from the shaft.
Just thought id share this info for others in case youre in a bind and this scenario presents itself!
AND THE SLED WORKS FINE THRU THE SMOOTH AND THE MOGULS

· Registered
1,220 Posts
Why did the remote resevoir break off? I am just kind of curious because we own an 04' ProX 600 too.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes its softer than the pro-x set up,feels like my sons super sport,but hey im riding!! And the clamps broke is my guess,and it fell and the track mustve grabbed it and tore it off. The guy i get my parts from told me that he has seen it before,and recommends stronger clamps or add an xtra one

· Registered
1,220 Posts
xc600rmk said:
Yes its softer than the pro-x set up,feels like my sons super sport,but hey im riding!! And the clamps broke is my guess,and it fell and the track mustve grabbed it and tore it off. The guy i get my parts from told me that he has seen it before,and recommends stronger clamps or add an xtra one
Alright, thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.