Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 rmk 700,need to replace rear shock in suspension.Whats the best shock for the money out there.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
That's a question that will get some debate![;)]

To me, it depends on what you wnat to do for maintenence and whether you want it to be adjustable on the trail or not. ($$ too)

Fox makes a clicker shock (self adjusting) for Polaris. You can buy it thru Polars. It may or may not fit your machine.

Fox makes shocks which can be revalved for stiffness, rebound. They need to be rebuilt after the first 500 miles then every 1,000 miles or annually.

Ryde FX shocks are not rebuildable (except for the 9200 series) but they offer adjustable dampening on the trail.

Ohlins are supposed to be excellent but they don't seem to be as available as Fox or RydeFX.

Then there are straight gas shocks by Kimpex and others.

I am thinking about new shocks for my sled too and I was considering the RydeFX 8600 series. They are aluminum tubes, adjustable dampening, and have coil spring adjustment collars. Only problem is there price went up to like $189 a piece this season. They can't be rebuilt, so annual maintenance is low.

Hope some of this helps.

·
Registered
777 Posts
find yourself a pps shock from a 99? and newer extra 10,would make a big difference in comfort,and probably the cheapest [good] shock youll find.
thats if the rmk,s and xc take the same shock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts