Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would know what I can to my rear shock/spring to soften it up? This is on a 2002 Polaris 800 XC SP. My problem is I weight 150 pounds and I can't get my sled to weight transfer. Or when I sit on the sled it will not sag at all. Should I look into getting a new spring or something else? Or does any one know of a place that can get parts to do this with or get suggestions from? I have already adjusted the suspension to soften it up. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had the same problem when mine was new. It took a couple thousand km before it started to loosen up, which is why I don't rebuild my shocks! I finally get some movement out of it now, and I've ridden it 4000km.

I'm not aware of any way to speed up this process though.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
134 Posts
isnt there an adjuster on the shock sleeve were u can adjust the tension on the shock...i had the same problem on my 95 and i messed with the shock tension and the adjusting blocks and it loosned right up

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
ALL your shocks are adjustable, there is a screw near the bottom of each shock to adjust the amount of rebounding, back them off completely.
You said that you set all your pre-load springs to their lightest setting.... right?
That is alot of sled for a guy your size, you will really need to throw your weight around to control that thing.
On my Xtra-10 I can change mounting of the rear track shock to an upper position to reduce ski pressure, which can help with weight transfer.
Read your manual about that one, I don't know much about the new Edge suspensions.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
set your rear springs to softest setting,move your rear coupling block to the rear lower hole,your shocks don,t have external adjustabilty,should be fox,,,rear pps..loosing the spring preload on your front shocks,tighten your centre shock a little,and leave your front limiter as long as possible,....that should get you transfer
if that dosen,t do it.you,ll have to go to smaller dia wire rear springs.which will help your sag in hieght
shock mounting location is for firm or softer ride higher hole is firm,lower softer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts