Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2001 summit 800, with the standard suspension, i have the rear end as tight as it goes. I carry 5 gallons of gas and weigh 160pounds and it bottoms out all the time, not just on large bumps. Any ideas? I wouldn't think that i weigh enough to need the heavy shocks? Also, i've never rebuilt any of my shocks. How much would it be to do that and is it possible with those shocks? Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
im not sure if you can rebuild the summit shocks on your machine but if you look at the shock and where the shaft goes in and that looks like a nut then you can, its not very hard to do, if you don't dissasemble the shock completely you can do it with out any special tools, you will only need it recharged, i can help you with some specs to stiffen the ride up, andother option, but im not sure if they work on a summit is, stiffer springs or speedwerx progressive blocks, i have them on my machine and they really help from bottoming out, but for springs i don't know if the summit ones are longer but i bet you can get stiffer ones, look at my page and you will see the blocks i am talking about
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2873&whichpage=2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts