Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to mount the rear skid block in the bottom bracket on the tunnel rather than the tunnel itself. What would be strongest or less prone to crack? What position should the block be on the shaft(frwrd/cnt/bck). What effects will these blocks have on handiling like ski pres and weight transfer as far as hooking up or easy walks.

I'm new to the ett and I'm unfamiliar with these blocks so any help would be great. I'm so new that I spent a good 5min with the air wrench trying to remove the front swing arm. I sat there with a wrench on the other side and spun and spun and spun wondering wtf. I thought it had a broken shaft or striped threads then to my amazment there was no shaft. Lmao [confused]

Sled is a 98 zrt 600 btw not that it matters Idt

Thanks for any help or tips

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Moving the mount to below the tunnel will help in deep snow, but will shift more weight onto the skis unless you make adjustments to the front of the skid to compensate.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OldCatRider said:
Moving the mount to below the tunnel will help in deep snow, but will shift more weight onto the skis unless you make adjustments to the front of the skid to compensate.
What needs to be done to the front? You mean losen the front limiter straps? I'm Confused??? I can only mount it in one hole up front? It just seems to sit to high with the aluminum riser block thing? Thanks

Anyone else have any ideas. It would be nice. Is it the xcr thats scaring people away. You cant turn your nose to poo every time. Eventually it'll hit the fan and BLOW you away lol. I'm joking btw lolz, but seriously i aint used to the ett and need some help here.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If you pull the skid out of the sled, you'll see that there are more hole's on the mount plate, than are drilled through the tunnel.
If you go to the lower hole's in the rear, you need to go to the lower coresponding hole in the front.

This mean's you need to finish drilling the hole through the tunnel, and then mount to it.
You want to keep the same center to center distance as the original position's from the front arm to the rear arm.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts