Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 85 yamaha tri-z 250 two stroke 3 wheeler he blew it we torn it down today and found out that it hade broke the piston skirting which is an easy fix but chunks went down in the bottom end u can see that how easy is it to rebuild the bottom on these things when we split the case is the clutching stuff gonna all have to be taken out and so on just wondering what im gettin into here or would it be better to let a pro do the bottom half and i can finish the job any info would be cool thanx

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
if you are fairly confident in your mechanical skills (most importantly remember how stuff goes back together) you should be ok. But do not tackle splitting of the cases without a repair manual beside you!

·
Registered
699 Posts
my kawaski dirt bike did the exact same thing and my snowmobile just had that happen to me thursday just make a 50:50 mix of kerosene and two stroke oil and get it in to the bottom end spin the crank in the bottom half with the solution in there and real quickly dump it out do it a couple of times and you should be good to go i did it to my dirt bike last summer and no problems yet

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanx exciter man never thought of that that makes sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts