Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Rebuilding shocks on xc 600...Which ones?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  XCRacer440 
#1 ·
I have a 01 XC 600 and was wondering if I should remove both rear shocks to get rebuild or just one of them. If the sled sags when I sit on it, is it best to just rebuild both or is this just one of the shocks malfunctioning?

#2 ·
Rebuild both. Sag is associated with torsion springs, not shocks. You should rebuild all shocks annually. Unless of course they aren't rebuildable. I know that seems obvious, but apparently some peps have trouble with the concept.

#3 ·
Rebuild them all. Why do a half A** job. That would like replacing 1 sparkplug verses both/all of them.

#5 ·
Easiest way is to remove the whole skid. As it is sometimes a pain to get the shock compressed when bolting it on.

#6 ·
The whole skid is sitting on my floor as if right now. I have removed the far back shock and removed a couple other components for the front shock and will finish it either today or tomorrow. I'll let you guys know if I have any problems, thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.