Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got around to putting the engine to my exciter back to gether but before i start her up is there any other things i should for precautionary things other than bleed oil pump and premix the tank of gas

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Sounds like shes ready to purr.....

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I forget the exact process right now.....I don't have my shop manual here at the office. But I seem to remember you need to take the seat off, and on the back of the tunnel on the top are two of the coolant lines that feed coolant through the rear heat exchanger. There are bleeder valves on the tips of them. Crack the valve that is on the brake lever side (left) of the tunnel. Now elevate the front of the sled so that the front is a good 2 to 3 feet higher than the rear (having the sled on a tilt trailer works well, or just jack the front up as much as you can). Then begin filling the filler neck up in the engine compartment with coolant. You will begin to see both fluid and air bubbles comming out that rear bleeder valve. Put a bunch of rags down to soak up the coolant. Keep adding coolant to the filler neck untill you don't see any more air bubbles comming out that valve, just straight fluid. Now close that valve. Continue adding fluid to the filler neck untill its to the top. Fill the over flow bottle to the full mark as well.

Now start the sled, and just idle it slow for 5 to 10 min with the filler neck cap off. It doesn't need to idle as low as XLT's (they need to be down around 600 rpm). Just standard idle will do on the Exciter. While idleing, keep an eye on the coolant level in the filler neck and the over flow bottle....keep adding coolant as necessary. After a good 5 minutes of idleing and adding fluid while elevated, you should have purged all the air out of the lines.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts