Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this the stance that the front of my indy xlt special should sit at or would i hv to rebult the shocks or get them recharged?
[galleryattach=12465]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
the ride height comes mostly from the springs. if your sled has a lot of miles on it, it might not be a bad idea to get some new springs. if the shocks are rebuildable shocks, you would have to take them off and inspect them to see if they need rebuilding/recharging.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
That is to low. I would buy the springs for both sides and while i have the shocks off, get them rebuilt, if they need it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well how much would that cost me?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do u just mean buy the outside black spring or a whole new shock

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
just the spring, i think they are probably around $15-$20 each for springs for that sled. what kind of shocks does it have? are they rebuildable? i'll have to look but i might be able to tell you a place you can get springs.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't really know alot about shocks so how can u tell if there rebuiltable?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
does it have anything written on them? are they threaded? do you know if they are original? any chance you could take pics?

i'm still looking for the springs. i think jrgraham used to have them. i bought some for my old sled. but haven't found them yet.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i'll take some pics of them

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here are the shocks
[attachment=48079][attachment=48082]
[attachment=48080][attachment=48081]
[attachment=48083]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah, those are fox shocks(rebuildable). you can and probably should get those rebuilt if you've never had them done. how long have you had the sled? in the general forum there's a sticky topic about getting your shocks redone. avid suspensions is run by one of the members of this site, the price is very reasonable.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i just bought it from my bro but the person that had it before him had a stand under the back and nothing under the front and thats probly why its like that

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
springs lose their tension after a while, happens to all springs. it's a relatively old sled even just sitting around the springs will sag. you should probably get new springs, but in the mean time you can turn the adjusters up to add more spring tension, that's why the shock bodies are threaded.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah thats what i thought u could do put then the shocks would probly be stiff and i was going to go jumping this year

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
it looks like those springs are already turned up quite a bit which probably means they are well past their prime. i say you should definately get springs and get the shocks rebuilt. especially if you want to jump it. you want healthy springs and shocks if you're going to jump it, it will take a lof of the impact instead of transfering it directly to the chassis.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok thanks for all ur help

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
no problem, any time.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
probly end up takin them to my dealer because i got parts to buy for the other sleds

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
did u ever find out how much those springs were?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
can't find them anywhere at the moment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.