Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently recieved a safety alert from Polaris.It seems that they have determined that all 2002 Pro X models may experience a loss of braking power during snowcross type conditions.This can result in bodily injury, blah blah, do not operate untill repairs have been performed, etc etc, blah.It says to contact your Polaris dealer as soon as possible to make arrangements to have new brake pads installed on all models, and a new brake disc installed on all 440 liquid racers.
So I called the dealer from whom I purchased my machine, and asked if it would be possible for me to bring my brake pads down and swap them for the replacement pads as I have no means of transporting my sled.(Well the truth of the matter is that this particular dealer is very inept, ignorant and generally not helpful and I swore after dealing with these morons last year that I would never bring my sled there again.)Then the guy starts telling me how they have to replace the entire calliper and properly bleed the system and I could not perform this task myself and it would void any warranty and so on.I've learned over time not to believe anything this guy says , and I never had any problems with the brakes on my macine anyway, so I'm thinking about ignoring this bulletin altogether.Do you guys know if I can take my machine to a different dealer to have this stuff done?I really don't trust this guy and I am horrified at the idea of these clowns working in my machine again.

my brain hurts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm not going to bet my life on this, but I believe that yes, you can bring your sled to another dealer for warranty work. Nothings worse than not being able to trust the place thats working on your sled.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Ya know Steve, it amazes me that Polaris allows a dealer to treat ppl this way.
Powersports dealers make very little on the sale of the machines, it's the parts and service where they make the real money.
Sounds like they need a little competition in your area to smarten them up.
As a business owner you need to create possitive word of mouth to generate
long term customers.
I would suggest 2 things, do yourself a favor and beg, borrow or steal something to transport your sled to that other dealer, and never go back to the those idiots, I think I read before that you were happy with their service even though they are further away. But get those brakes replace for sure.
Next, tell everyone you know about the terrible experiences you've had with this other dealer, especially Polaris, write to them with snail-mail, email can be largely ignored.
If that dealer continues this way, you will soon have a new one in your area.
Good luck.

Live to ride, ride to live.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Steve you can take your sled to ANY AUTHORIZED Polaris Dealer to have this recall performed. once you buy your sled from a certain place you are under no obligation to have them service it, this is true with cars also. Just to try to make some sense outta this, imagine that you bought your sled say in Minnesota and for some reason you had to move to Michigan...you sure arent gonna haul your sled back to Minnesota where you bought it to have this done. So if ya see what im sayin, there is no reason for you to stick with your original dealer if you dont wish to.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah my dad took the Viper two 4 different shops for warranty work. After the guys he bought it from put a new engine in it with the power vavles backwards and jetted it richer without telling him he stopped going there.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I'll definitely go elsewhere, there's two other Polaris dealers within an hour or so of my place.I wish there was a ranking system for dealers so you could plainly see where the better service is-I would have been spared lots of headaches already. Thanks for your input guys.
Oh, yeah, I mentioned on a survey on the Polaris website that the service I recieved from my dealer was very poor.Stay away from TC sports in Trout Creek, NY!!

my brain hurts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You silly goose, you're so close and you forgot...just kidding.I'm in the Catskills, near Oneonta, NY.You're in NE somewhere, right?

my brain hurts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts