Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the minimum amount of snow their should be before you can go riding...? or what is recommended?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Personally, I don't want to take my sled out unless there is at least 6 inches on the ground. It snowed today, got warm, now it's cold again. Turned the snow into a good solid base. Now, if it would snow 6 inches tonight, I'd be out riding all day tomorrow!!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
IMO, ground needs to be 100% "SOLID" otherwise you will be seeing ski marks and track spinning marks ( yes, its still there from last year for me lol ) anyways for me solid ground frozen plus 4 inches of sloopy wet snow then freezes it up, then good to go!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
6" to 8" of snow with a couple inches of base for me.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I won't go out untill we have about 6 inches of snow and the ground is froze. We got about 3 inches last night, but without the ground being froze it'll just make a mess of the yard, and my sled.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yea 6 to 8 inches with half way decent base.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Depends
sled set up, if you have a boggy wheel rear end then you need basicly 0 snow
slide suspension you need I think 3" min
Mountian sleds due to paddle tracks, and some who pull wheels off need I say 1 foot.

If you can ride with out slidder damage and over heating, then you have enough snow

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
2-3 inch base with abotu 6inches on top of that. for in the woods and on the back trails at least a foot and a half though

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
i rode 60 miles today in 5 inches.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree the LAW is 3" (at least when I took the course) but I would not go out with out 6" of snow!! Also with a frozen ground! But if its not froze n theres 1 foot its iffy but ride-able
Jake

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.