Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our NY ABC channel 7 weather man reported that this is the first year since 1888 that we have had "0" snow recorded for the month of Dec.

Can you imagine, we matched a ZERO snow record of 118 years ago.

Sure am glad that my economy and total fun is not tied to snow!

Bulldog

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
i dont know if/when new york will ever have a good winter. i remember one year buffalo had something like 7ft.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just another reinforcing fact that the weather runs in cycles and its not JUST global warming. 118 years ago they dealt with the same crap, But I don't think that they were upset as much then as we are now about it.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
true because when they were snowed in they were really snowed in. they had no plows,snowblowers,shovels,sleds and probley tv. they might have had a radio so when winters were bad i bet some people died.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Damn we set a record here in the mountains outside of town for Dec snowfall 283" of snow fell in December alone at the top of the local ski resort. Only about 86" at 1800' on Turnagain pass. We have gotten over 40" of snow everywhere in the last 5 weeks, best snow in years. 1" in November and 3rd coldest on record, just goes to show that things can change in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It was the Blizzard of 1977, for Buffalo. We only had maybe 8 inches of snow, but it was the winds and temps that crippled Buffalo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts