Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I are about to do a few upgrades to his Max. We have both just kind of tinkered with carbs (cleaning etc) and havent taken apart much more. Half the fun of owning one of these is working on em. . . good excuse to drink a few barley sandwiches too [:D]. Any tips/hints/watch out fors from the peanut gallery? We are doing what is in the subject line; Reeds, Spacers and a Peak Performance Head. Thanks in advance.

Adam

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
This should be a pretty straight forward upgrade, I just did the reeds on my T-cat. You just take off the carbs, remove the boots and your at the reed cage. I went with Boysen reed so I had to change them out on the standard reed cage if you are adding spacers and V-force or something its a simple replacement project. the heads are o-ringed so take em off and bolt on. Make sure you have a good torque wrench and follow the recommendations on torquing the head down and you should be just fine.

I hadn't tinkered much with my sled till this summer when I changed out the rear skid add 03 MC bars reeds pipes tunnel ext track windshield etc. I feel pretty comfortable doing just about anything to it now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the info 2000 . . . just what I had hoped to hear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts