Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some aftermarket reeds for my 02 mxz 700. Anybody have any info on which ones to buy, boyeson or v-force? Will I need to adjust for the improved airflow? And how about silencers or pipes for added H.P.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got the V-force 3 reeds on my sled, wakes up bottom end, but it loosed alittle top end, I also gutted my air box, I went from a 185 main to a 195 main and I'm fine, as far as adding the ponies, I would concern myself with a clutch kit, about 40% of the power the engine makes is lost through the drivetrain and track, run your tension right, make sure that the bearings all spin smooth and that the track clips and hyfax are in good condition, I put a clutch kit on my sled and wow, what a difference, pipes are good and all, but what is better, 600 bucks for 8 ponies at the track max, or making your sled more effecient for 300 bucks and gaining 10-15 ponies at the track.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I agree, reeds are spendy for the HP gains..I had boyeson reeds on my quad and it made a nice diff..not sure if the gains are the same on a sled or not..

·
Registered
777 Posts
the more mods,porting,pipes,big bore is where the gains are found with the v-force,more flow,more air

1 - 4 of 4 Posts