Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
536 Posts
I just sold my two stand-up models cause of the dislike on the lake from the neighbors. I liked the feeling kinda like a sled/dirtbike/boat thing. However I rode responsible there are alot of younger peoples who always make a bad name. All it takes is one to make them all look poor, Two and they look bad or reckless to the older people.
Sleds hide it a little better cause they close thier windows in the winter and not as much heard

"Meaningless Ride"

· Registered
536 Posts
Well to be quick a slightly mod js750sx And my 440sx was all pro stock.

I started with a basic 750sx stock rode it once as a token to kawasaki to see what it was like. What a dog.

Then custom handle pole mat nice and thin, Quick turn, 0 deg bars, thick grips, trigger throttle, pump switch, aluminum pole (after the stock broke), widened bushings, fiber plated nose, quick release, spring tensioner helper, routered stock hood openings, removed all foam (to allow air flow),stock 440 fuel tank milled top to recieve the 750 stock selector, clear/blue fuel line, remove the oil tank, twin 500 gph water pumps front, one 750 gph pump rear (machined brackets) seperately fused, left stock pump line, oil inj. block off plate, Msd total loss ignition, time adv plate, gel cel batt, Factory tuneable exhaust with electronic tuner, R&D exhaust manifold and intake,Fuel injection plate with Boysen reeds., Ocean pro flame arrestors (custom milled), PJS head, copper gasket, weisco pistons, trued welded crank, polished plated cyls, block water release blockoff plate, water bypass diverter with thermostat, Removed water box (replaced with copper pipe 1 1/2"), 1 1/8" engine mounts, alum engine plate, titanium drive shaft, Stock rubber drive link, R&D 3" open intake scoop, Solas impeller 17/19 pitch, Removed nozzle wedge, R&D extended ride plate, Custom open port stainless exhaust plate, Sano Pads, Alum bushings, custom air brush bright yellow, Purple flames from rear to front, white center and alum pole polished, race #151 IJSBA
I forgot the custom bottom Dragged it (empty shell) standing on it down the beach about a mile, places nice strait gouges in bottom. This is key to good cornering.

What elese did I forget?

Total cost with Ski, paint and all work completed by me as possible $12,872.00
Ski was $5,400.

The 440sx was basic stock, with 4 bilge pumps, alum pole, quick turn, 0 deg bar, R&D head, water bypass, sano matts, water diverter in hood, skat track impeller set up mainy for slolom and freestyle. color red white and blue #777 IJSBA

I had the 440 in competition down 13' berfore power loss.
The 750 was clocked in at 68mph I did not ever run nitrous in either.

I still have a "wedge" for a 550sx or 440sx or 300sx never used. (plastic mold that fits around ski front and back and converts it into a sitdown) They no longer make them. If you or any one is interested let me know I no longer have a use for it. [email protected]

"Meaningless Ride"

Edited by - wryjoker on December 02 2001 10:00:44 PM

· Registered
536 Posts
Personaly My best advice to any newbie is buy a js550sx. Best model to learn all the tricks on and with a water bypass, Ignition advance, copper head gasket, handle pole spring, and two extra bilge pumps 500gph. It will RIP faster than even a 750sx stock and for what $60-$80. dollars. This is not the most ideal ski but it has serious balls stock and cheap.
Most ideal stock is the yamaha put a factory pipe on it and watch out with a auto tuner it is awsome!
I would like to get on a polaris 777 this next time though just to see what it has.

If you do not undrstand or want to be sure about kawii mods I would be glad to answer. I can build most of them blindfolded. If I do not have the answer my pals at R&D will.

Oh yes I was reminded to say there are many types of water craft, but only Kawasaki makes a "Jetski".

"Meaningless Ride"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.