Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my sled registered today, so naturally I have this big ugly reflective sticker that I dont want to stick on my beautiful hood. I know you used to have to put the stickers on your hood but im pretty sure that law in particular has changed.

Has anyone in NY ever put their number stickers on their tunnel? Im told that now you can put the stickers anywhere on your sled now as long as its visible while riding.

I checked on DMVs website and the info seems a little outdated, and I cant find anything online. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I def wanna do things by the book but on the other hand, the sticker is ugly and my sled is beautiful. New hood and stickers.

Hey isnowmobile247, youre from Fort Plain? Ever ski at Windham? My mother is the medic there on Fridays.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The law might have changed, but 2 years ago we were at a check thing and he said that they have to be on the hood because it's harder to see them on the tunnel, but that was 2 years ago. He said he could have written us a ticket but he didnt.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think that they have to be at least 12" off the ground, but where you put it is up to you, I think. I'm not sure if it has changed.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Can't put them on the tunnel in NY...pretty sure of that. I personally took a piece of aluminum sheet metal, Measured all my reg stickers and cut two equal size nice plates. Sanded the corners off and riveted it to the side of the belly pan. Works nicely.

[attachment=49512]

It's also nice because if you have to replace a belly pan or a hood you don't have to get new stickers.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
In NYS you have to have the sticker placed on the hood of the snowmobile. My uncle had placed his on the belly pan of his 2005 50th Anniversary 600 XCSP because he didnt want bulky sticker to ruin the beauty of the sled and got a ticket in the Alleghany Area. I was lucky enough to have placed mine in the white area of my hood so you can barely see it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ive seen alot of sleds with the stickers on the tunnel. But Ive also seen alot of sleds with them on the belly pan. Ive got mine on the belly pan and its out of the way and really doesnt take away from the look of the sled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts