Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I read somewhere that PA no longer allows sleds registered in Ohio to be used in PA. Is that still true? What does it cost to register a sled in PA?
I hope to make it to Marienville this year. We rode there the year before last and had a great time!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
google search.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/atv/

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm a resident of PA and it's $45.00 for a two year registration. I'm not sure if it's different for non-residents.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hopefully Marienville will get enough snow to ride. We were only able to ride the week before Christmas and they never got enough snow after that to ride the rest of the season.

I really like riding the ANF loop. Two of my buddies each have a camp up there close to the trails. The only problem is that it gets pounded with riders when the snow hits and there is very little grooming.

·
Registered
43 Posts
WOW, its really cheap down there, come up to Canada and be ready to shell out big time bucks to ride trails here, each province has its own fee, Ontario is 180.00 before Dec 1 and 230. after the fact, Quebec is 220. for one year, its getting crazy, don't forget the insurance also, can't run without it..

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by Lovethemtriples
[br]I'm a resident of PA and it's $45.00 for a two year registration. I'm not sure if it's different for non-residents.
Not to be rude or anything but I think you got taken by the dealer or you missunderstood the question. PA snowmobile registration is $20 bi-annualy 10 bucks a year. I just renewed my stickers on the Sabercat last month and Thats all I paid. If you paid 45 and there was only a charge for your trail registration, then I recomend you contact DCNR and the dealer that you paid. The only thing that I can think of is you either paid for a title fee if it was a new sled or your dealer or notory charged you a fee to register the machine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
just for riding/bi-annual renewal, like I said your might have cost more because of notary or dealer fees. But the sticker itself cost $20 for 2 years DCNR sends me 4 renewal forms every other year and they all cost the same.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20 bucks for two years- Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by saberstang
[br]
Originally posted by Lovethemtriples
[br]I'm a resident of PA and it's $45.00 for a two year registration. I'm not sure if it's different for non-residents.
Not to be rude or anything but I think you got taken by the dealer or you missunderstood the question. PA snowmobile registration is $20 bi-annualy 10 bucks a year. I just renewed my stickers on the Sabercat last month and Thats all I paid. If you paid 45 and there was only a charge for your trail registration, then I recomend you contact DCNR and the dealer that you paid. The only thing that I can think of is you either paid for a title fee if it was a new sled or your dealer or notory charged you a fee to register the machine.
You are right Saberstang. I must of have been stuck on stupid when I wrote that. It is $20.00 for two years.

But you are right ltd440...You will have to register you're sled in PA to ride here. Here is a link to the list of states that have registration reciprocity.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/atv/reciprocity.aspx

Here is all the rgistration info.

Sorry for the long post folks.

Step 1. Complete an application for registration, which can be found at http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/snowmobile/index.aspx or you can obtain a copy by calling our toll free number 1-866-545-2476.

Step 2. The fee for registration is $20 for a two-year period. Make checks payable to the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

Step 3. Proof of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and ownership is required for registration. This proof may be in the form of a title, registration card, bill of sale, or invoice.

You may submit a completed application in the following ways:

US Mail
Mail the completed application, the registration fee and the proof of VIN/ownership to:

PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Snowmobile/ATV Registration Section
P.O. Box 8553
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8553

You will receive your registration card and ATV registration plate or snowmobile registration decal in 4-6 weeks.

FAX

FAX the completed application and proof of VIN/Ownership to our Snowmobile/ATV Registration Section at
717-702-2220. Include a phone number where you can be reached to provide credit card information to pay the registration fees. When the information is received, our staff will contact you to obtain the payment information. You will receive your registration card and ATV registration plate or snowmobile registration decal within a week. Overnight mail is an option at the applicant’s expense.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah, i posted a link to all that info immediately after the question was posted. don't mean to sound like a jerk but people should really read an entire thread.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]yeah, i posted a link to all that info immediately after the question was posted. don't mean to sound like a jerk but people should really read an entire thread. this thing was brought back to life way after the question was answered.
I did read the entire thread but I missed your link. You'll see I posted yesterday.

This post is only 36 hours old...it hasn't even really died yet, no one brought it back to life.

And you're original reply...

Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]google search.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/atv/
2 words and a link. It's like your saying "Search it at Google because this site and I don't have time for your silly questions".

Not to sound like a jerk...but you sound like a jerk!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey lovethemtriples- Thanks a million for the information. It's accurate and reliable information from members like you that make this site so great!

Thanks Again & Think Snow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts