Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, since my sled gets such bad fuel mileage my ag teacher is going to help me rejet it and then put different clutch weights in it.

What size jets should i go with?

What size weights should i go with?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well from what he said, i have 152's in there now, and he said i could drop it to 145, but i would have to watch the plugs closely and possibly even keep a set of 150's in case it gets really cold..... Does all of this sound correct? I mean do you think 145 is too lean?

·
Registered
841 Posts
It's tough to answer that question. It all depends on how it runs with the 152's. For all I know you could put 120's in there. (jk, don't do that).
What elevation do you ride?
So what does the wash or even the plugs look like with the 152's????
If they are dark, I would play on the safe side and drop a little at a time. 150, then 148, then 145, you know what I mean.
You can also fool around with the needle, but again that all depends on what it's at now.
Check this out..... http://www.zenitram-inc.com/vmax.htm
Looks like the 152 is the stock jet.
Also see the clutch chart

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the plugs were very black when i changed them out. I ordered a set 145's and 150's. I am pretty sure he is right, because his uncle has the same sled and thats what his is jetted to.

Oh and it runs like a dog with the 152's.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i got the jets, but..... they are a little different from the original jets. instead of a flat head screw driver slot they are 6 sided, and the threads on them are slightly larger. also there is a "spacer" thing on with the original jets that the new ones won't fit in. I ordered Mikuni round slide carb jets, but they just don't seem quite right. i need to take the bowls off the carbs, but the screws are stripping like crazy and its a major PITA!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If it were me Id leave it alone. On a 2-stroke you are always better off to be a little rich. That way if it gets really cold you at least have a safeguard.
You might get 1 mpg with leaner jets. Your 600 XT is never going to get decent fuel milage. They always were gas hogs.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i really don't know at this point, i want to ride it this winter and the next few winters until i get my truck finished so i can put money into something else. But if i am going to do that then i need it to not be such a dog and be a half ass decent machine.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You have the wrong type of jets, they won't fit. You should have flat slide carbs not round slde.

You need to use a screwdriver with a good tip and push fairly hard on it or the bowl screws tend to strip. If you strip the heads just cut a slot in the head with a dremel and use a blade screwdriver to take out the screw.

Some replace the screws with allen head screws, just make sure you get the correct thread or you'll have an even bigger problem.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.mfgsupply.com/SnowCarbMainJets.html/mv_session_id=kdvzmug9

Well those are the ones i ordered (145 and 150s).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Okay, you still ordered the wrong ones. There are hex jets and round slot type. The flat slide carbs in Yamaha's use the round slot type.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/214.html

Did you ever consider changing to a slightly leaner pilot jet or dropping the needles a little?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts