Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know most of you in the maine area didnt know him but there are some of you dad atleast met him once and i was thinking of doing a remembrance ride with some of my friends from the area and was gonna see how many of the members wanted to join?
I havent figured out specifics yet but im more interested in how many of you want to go and how long of a ride you all are willing to go on! haha
well just pipe in about if you want to go and any ideas of where to go!
thanks

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
that is a great idea, if you were in my area, I would definitely join the ride.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Im more then willing to go on a ride. Let us know on a time and place. Have to get the indy running properly!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Jmax said:
I would love to go on a remembrance ride man. What part of maine are you in?
southern Maine about 15min from portland

·
Registered
845 Posts
Jmax said:
im in midcoast about and hour and a half from portland
Nice I went to school in Bath and Freeport

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd be interested, I just wish that I lived closer. What route are you planning on?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure where just yet, im thinking atleast everyone meeting at a central location and going from there, im just trying to figure out where everyone would be coming from and how far away everyone wants to go and then i can figure out somewhere nice to end up and like have lunch or something

·
Registered
848 Posts
That sounds cool, if a bunch of people plan on going I'd be willing to trailer there.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i know where coose canyon is but where is bosebuck camps and corbin gore?? i cant even find them on google maps? i do like the sound of that but its like a good 2 hours away from where myself and some of my friends would be coming from so, anything a little closer??

·
Registered
654 Posts
bose buck camps are like 20 north east of rangeley lake, than corbin gore is at the end of rt 27 near canadan boarder north of straton, sick riding out there. i make the trip almost every week takes me 3.5 from where i am worth every mile too!!! even right next to cose is mt jackson wich is good too

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya that sounds good but it sounds more like a 2 day trip kinda thing and im looking for more of a day long ride....

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I met your dad when you guys picked those sleds up from me, seemed like a really cool guy.

You know where I live, and about 20 minutes from here is a great place to ride. Even though I dont need to trailer to any locations, I'd have no problem loading up and showing you where to unload.

The trails are actually in the top 10 for riding. http://www.americasbestonline.net/snowmobile.htm

Can cover Lovell, North Fryeburg, Stoneham, Fryeburg, Bridgton, Denmark, and Brownfield in a full days riding. Just let me know when.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool thanks cause im never a good one to lead through trails expecially ones ive never been on before, i get lost easly haha

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
What it mainly is is just tight winding trails that go into fields, onto powerlines and more fields. Also some good scenery up in the hills. Best to go after we get a major storm just because the groomers go out during the storms.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Still want to do this? We should do it before I snap my sled in half :p. Storm coming between Tuesday night and Thursday night, so the trails will be superb Saturday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts