Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '85 SRV and i'm trying to take off my primary clutch, i already took the main bolt off but its just stuck on there. Any suggestions on how i go about sliding that clutch off? Heat or tapping it and prying it off? Please help!

·
Registered
109 Posts
You need to get yourself a clutch puller for that particular type of sled. They are usually around $40 give or take ten or twenty lol. It all depends on your sled. You need to go to the dealer or you can take it in and have a repair guy pull it for you for a couple bucks. It's amazing how well those clutches hold on to that shaft considering they just slide on together on cone shape shafts. You might get lucky if you try to tap it off but chances are it won't let go and you might damage something. Best to spend the money and you'll have it for next time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, I'll see if i can find one, probably is i can't really cart the sled around at the moment. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe someone you know has one? Otherwise just phone the dealer in the morning if you can't take it in anywhere. Like I said ... the shafts are cone shaped and they fit into one another so tight you can't understand how they hold together like that. You'll see what I mean when you get it apart. Have fun! I'll be watchin to see how it turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts