Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go to a store that supplys autobody stuff and buy and rubber wheel that u put on a drill. Its light a big eraser. I use them for stipes on cars and removing decals it does't hurt the paint as long as you dont stay in one spot for too long

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I bought a product that is used to get borders off the walls. It works great. I don't know the name however you can buy it at any Menards or hardware store.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use a hair dryer and good ol' WD-40 instead of paying for a "speciality" sticker remover. Have used this method on every thing from glass to painted plastic, even my sled's windshield. Never a scratch. After the WD-40 I clean the area well to get rid of the oil left on the surface.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use the old "peel" technique using your fingers with the assistance of a heat gun (too much will melt the plastic). After removal, use a little adhesive remover for the glue residue. There is no doubt this task requires some patients and allot of elbow grease. I WD-40 trick doesn't surprise me, that stuff has many uses.

The expensive erasure type decal removers that attach to a drill, which auto body shops use, are a quick way to remove decals but will easily ruin the paint surface if your not careful. They are commonly used by body shops on panels that are to be repainted!

Also beware, if you sled is a few years old, the paint will have faded, removing the decals will expose a different shade of paint! Same goes for aluminum, the underside of a decal has no oxidation. A different sheen will result.

In conclusion, don't do it unless you have to!

Brian

·
Registered
298 Posts
go w/ the hair dryer and d-40,heat the whole area first then startw/ a cornerand watch those fingers. and NEVER use goof off anything....did a good job on my new sony tv oh well can't see it anyway. man that shit is bad news!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts