Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
use either gasket scraper or use the tried and true method of razor blade and fingers, or u can use vise grips and razor blade for a ******* gasket scaper, my ususal method, heller cheaper in long run also hahahaha

· Registered
837 Posts
i just listen to the radio and take my time with an exacto knive. its like a razorblade, but smaller and come in different shapes, so you can get around the studs easier and without having the gasket pieces fall into the crankcase.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dman,

Im stating to think there isnt a easy way!!! lol
Thanks
Kodey

Instaed of starting a new topic:
Whats the best way to get decals off the hood?????????
I have a 94 storm
I just did a 96 xcr 600
Tried with heat ect ect nothing would peel those damn things off
Took for EVER
Whats the trick????

· Registered
847 Posts
I had to pull a Mercury 2.5L powerhead off on a saturday and as usual I was in a hurry to do a river run. Mercury base gaskets are the worse ever and I was out of gasket remover which is only re-labeled spray paint remover. I went to local hardware store which only had the gel crap, by accident I grabbed brush cleaner. Got home and was pissed, but decided to try it. I soaked gasket and went in to grab a beer for an hour of scrapping. I came out and gasket fell off. I have been using this stuff ever since and it works better than any other product I've tried. Do not use it on plastic!

Joint Material property Household cleaning supply Household supply

Water transportation Boating Speedboat Vehicle Boat

Attachments

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Gasket remover in a spray can, and a 1" putty knife.

Spray the gasket, let it sit 30 seconds scrape off. Repeat as necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.