Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have new handelbars for my ultra and i was hoping to remove the grips with handwarmers without wreaking them because im to cheap to buy new handwarmers

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If there is a hole in one of the grips on the end, put an air compresser nozzle in the hole and giver. Sould take the grip off nicely.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
the handwarmers are stuck to the bars. good luck getting them off without wrecking them. i have tried on a few different ones with no luck

·
Registered
558 Posts
Regular grips i know you can use compressed air but not on the hot grips...best of luck to you tryin to get em off without wrecking em

·
Registered
675 Posts
take like wd 400 and a flat head screw driver lift the end of the grip spray in there thein twist it back and forth this all ways works for me then be very care full at pulling the head grips off

·
Registered
591 Posts
just run a knife down the middle,not going all the way through, and the go all the way through at the end where a hook would go, grab a pliers and peel the whole thing off, works perfect, I have done 3 sleds this way and never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I have removed the grips and reinstalled them with compressed air as mentioned above.

For the heaters, I have used a hair dryer and a dull knife to gently peel the handwarmers off. Then re-attach them with some 3M spray adhesive.

Also, I posted this a few years ago:

I used a hairdryer to heat the grips. It takes a while. Figure out a way to set up the hairdryer to blow on the grip and find something else to do for 5 to 10 minutes. When the grip gets good and hot, grab the inside edge and pull it off. It may take a few tries, but be patient and don't get rammy. Once the grips are off, the warmer is a tape-like thing that is glued to the bar. It helps to heat that up to loosen the glue. Then take a knife or something with a somewhat sharp tip and peel the warmer off the bar. Just like skinning a deer. Be careful not to cut the warmer. If you cut the warming element, it is junk. Go slow. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts