Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seem threads before about removing stickers, what works, what doesn't, etc... Here's a tip for you- peel as much as you can with your thumbnail, and use Goof-Off to remove the residue. A word of caution- the solvent in the Goof-Off reacts with the plastic of the windshield and turns it hazy. So be careful in that area.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
A hairdryer or heatgun works well too.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I know what you mean about the goof-off. I used to work at a local snowmobile/4-wheeler/ motorcycle dealership. A used bike was brought in with a sticker on the windshield, so I peeled it off and used goof-off. Not good, $80 later it had a new one on it. [:D]

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
lacquer applied from a cloth in a circular motion works wonders, no paint problems either, unless you put some elbow into it...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I use WD-40 for removing the adhesive left behind from stickers, Zero damage every time. Although you might have to give it a bath afterwards as you will have a spot that is nice and shiny from the WD-40.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Goo gone is a good one also, It doesn't harm the shields one bit.

The only good use for wd-40 is sticker glue removal or anit-rust protection, other than that it is worthless.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
heat gun or blow dryer work wonders

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Nuts off works to, basically a cheaper WD40

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by Sledheadx69
[br]Hair Dryer, Heat Gun, WD-40... all work good
That what I used for all mine. No issues..

·
Registered
23 Posts
heck in Michigan the last couple of days you could of set it outside and off they would of come. Finally snow in the forcast cannot wait

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just took some stickers off my sled. I used a hardryer to get them off and I used some good old unleaded straight from the snowmobile gas tank to get the goo off. Beautiful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts