Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the deal me and my brother went up to gaylord Michigan riding and i had my 1989 arctic cat 530cc eltigre and it was absolutely killing skidoo legend 500f and formula sl 500 i am curious to know if the rentals get "tuned down" for trails?? i can get to about 95mph with mine and those wouldnt even come close. (not to slam on anybodys sleds that have those models but im just curious)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm sure the rentals have been beat like a red-headed step child which doesn't help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If its anything like here, they are governed quite alot. One of the rental guys around here has 600 and 700 summits and my old 500 summit would take those 700's, didn't matter who was riding which. Soyes, they probably are governed

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
once you get out of site of the rental guy you should be able to adjust it so it has full power..i use to always do it with the golf carts i rented when out on the cource..they would do 10-15 like they were and we bent the govener so they got up to like 30-40 it was great

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by summitteer
[br]If its anything like here, they are governed quite alot. One of the rental guys around here has 600 and 700 summits and my old 500 summit would take those 700's, didn't matter who was riding which. Soyes, they probably are governed
Whats the point of a 700 that is governed that much? Kinda seems like a waste...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
yea....i would guess they are governed.safty reason, they wouldnt want to be suide for someone killin another person on there sled.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
When you rent a sled or a car or anything I think you have to sign a paper that says they are not liable for any accidents, injury or death that may occur while using their equipment.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
at least yall have rental sleds:( we dont.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts