Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have an opportunity to go sledding in Montana, i am a Canadian and i would be renting a sled. The only problem is, how would i get insurance for it being that i am not a US citizen? the sledding trip is coming up soon, i could really use some help.

·
Registered
149 Posts
YZRIDER314 said:
Hello, i have an opportunity to go sledding in Montana, i am a Canadian and i would be renting a sled. The only problem is, how would i get insurance for it being that i am not a US citizen? the sledding trip is coming up soon, i could really use some help.
My guess is the insurance would be at the place you rent it..ive never rented one but that be my guess at it hope this helps and have fun...[thumb]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I to have never rented, friends or ours have rented when they go with us. I can check with them and see what they got. I din't think you had to get seperate insurance. I thought just the sled renter carried it.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
In Yellowstone all you do is pay a extra $10 for insurance. In Cooke city they do not offer insurance on rentals.

·
Registered
567 Posts
cooke city doesnt offer insurance wow i didnt know that i can only wonder why hmmmm

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Get the insurance unless you don't plan on leaving the trail!!! It has nothing to do with where you are from. Its insurance from the rental place to cover your butt. For the 10 or 20 bucks its well worth it if you going to "ride it like a rental"!!!!! Where you going in montana?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, thats the shitty thing, i'm going to Cooke City and no insurance from rental place. A friend in the states said that you can just put them under your personal insurance but doesnt know how it'd work since i'm canadian. I am not going to ask him if i could put it under his insurance because that wouldn't be fair. Is there any way i could work this out?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Might be as simple as talking to your ins. agent? Not sure.
Maybe the rental place could fax some sled info to him the day before you leave
and you would have a proof of ins. in hand when you picked up your rental sled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts