Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got a 82 Polaris Cutlass SS, and I rolled it last night (OUCH). Cracked the hood up (not too bad). Cracked it mostly around the top under the windshield, near both air vents. After calling around, I found out that this hood is basically impossible to find. So, It's time to fix it. Tried duct tape. (looks like s**t, and also it's somewhat corny looking). Does any one have any ideas or tips on how to fix this thing, to make it look somewhat decent again? Also where it cracked happened to be where it holds the form of the hood, so it'll have to be a good repair job.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
id fiberglass it from the underside of it,and fill in the top crack with marglass and then get it painted should be as good as new

·
Registered
172 Posts
The best stuff we've ever found is made by Chrysler for fixing those plastic covers on bumpers.
That stuff is incredible, we've fixed 3 cowlings with it so far & it has yet to fail. I don't remember what the name of it is, it's black stuff that comes in a tube... but they'll know what you're talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts