Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have asked a zillion questions regarding my skid in my 98xc700 and the poor ride.

The fella here that does the rebuilding has a set of fox shocks ready to go for the rear of it 240 bucks.

I was thinking maybe putting a M-10 or Edge skid under it, would be more but I could always sell my X10 skid for a few bucks to help offset it. It doesnt appear to be much work swapping either skid into the sled a days worth of work maybe.

So what do you folks think would be best bet. Rebuild the stock suspension, or stick an different skid. If you go with different skid, which would you choose.... M-10 or Edge.

And finally will the Edge fit as easily as the M-10? I know in suspension forum there is alot of talk of both.

thanks folks...

·
Registered
807 Posts
98 xc 700 is an easy sled to sell. The cost to upgrade to an edge may not be much more than total costs of swapping skids, messing with gearing, clutching and front end problems IMO. The benefit is a front end that matches rear and ves can get better fuel economy.

Something to concider anyways, Thinksno.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Look on this page about 3/4ths of the way down. Fox PPS conversion kit mentions your sled.

http://www.mcbperformance.com/skis_trk.html#fox

I'd go with an M-10 over the Edge if you decided to swap.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found an edge skid with clicker type shocks from an 02 edge X 800 for 450 bucks....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Keeping your skid and upgrading to PPS as mentioned above will greatly improve ride, not screw up handling and not break the bank.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
At $240 for shocks or $200 for pps kit, for another $100-150 you could find an edge skid in mint shape and be better off. My 2cts.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Did you check that link i gave you.....

·
Registered
506 Posts
lose the extra 10 I have done 3 of hte swaps and all came out great. 2 were for one of my riding buddies and he made money after selling the extra 10s. He paid 250 for each of the edge skids and sold one extra 10 for 250 and the other for 450. I just bought another edge for 300 so I think your 450 is a bit high. But even if you paid 450 and put 50 into swap parts and sold your old one for 250 you are coming in at the smae amoutn as your shocks and will have a far superior sled. The spcs for swapping are on my web site. I have used them 3 times and if I had to guess based on email another 50 people have followed them with excelent nresults.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts