Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 SkiDoo Formula Z that I use for trail riding and recreational use. The skis look pretty beat up. Anyone have any brands or models to suggest?

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
After purchasing a set this fall, I'm a fan of C&A skis. I got a good deal on the ADX model, but from what I've seen, they all seem to be decent.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I love my c&a's for the trail but I would get slydogs for off trail. Slp's make some good ones also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone bought/used the aftermarket Simmons skis? Thoughts? I am thinking the dual carbides (like the 05 revs) would be tough to beat.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I went with USI project X skis on my summit. I havn't did any trail riding yet but the little riding I've did so far I'm very happy with them.

[attachment=59642]

[attachment=59643]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I got a set of Pro Flex II skis from Kimpex, they were cheap and they have made a world of difference in the on and off trail performance I will definately re-order them when these ones wear out. Another nice feature is carbides from 00-02 cats fit so you can order duel runners if you want.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Once I changed my 05 precision carbides to the StudBoy Shaper bars I would highly recommend the precisions. Before when I was just using the standard round host bar with 6" carbide I wasn't happy. Now with the shaper bars I love the precisions again. In the first ride I had to adjust how much turn I was doing. I was so used to over compensating for the push or the lack of cornering that when the new Shapers went on I turned on a dime. Almost hit plenty of corners while turning!

I have heard a lot of good about SlyDogs and CA Razors as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I currently have 4 sleds:

{1) Simmons [/u][/b]- Great ski's easy to steer, inside carbide aggressive, Easy for woman to steer.

(2) powder Pros - My Favorite - Awesome in powder and handle great on trail and icy trails. Not as aggressive as the Tri keels

(1) Tri keel II's - A great ski and I have run them the longest. But I'm 49 and my shoulders will get sore after a full day. Man, can you race a road with these babies.....corner like your on rails!

I will be selling a pair of tri keel II's setup for polaris on ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts