Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 indy 500 needs the bottom end rebuilt and i was wondering if I will need any special tools to replace the crank seals? I'ved replaced the seals on 4-wheelers and havn't had much luck getting the trans re-assembled. Are the bottom ends in sleds the same way?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
once the case is split then you simply slide the old seals off the crank and new ones on the crank.

the only special tool you need to split a case is an impact screw driver. they go for about 19 bucks at napa. they are a screw driver that you hit with a hammer, they are a miracle for removing stator bolts!! other than that its just nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Don't forget about a flywheel puller!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Gonna need a clutch puller as well!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
And a torque wrench, case sealer (I always use Yamabond), and torque sequence. It's a rather easy if you have all the tools mentioned.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Im a diesel tech so I have a small torque wrench somewhere, im just not to good at these small engines. Where can I get a flywheel and a clutch puller?

·
Registered
453 Posts
heinzsnowmobiler said:
Thanks for the responses guys. Im a diesel tech so I have a small torque wrench somewhere, im just not to good at these small engines. Where can I get a flywheel and a clutch puller?
I'd go through denniskirk.com

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
hiperf.com can get you all the tools you need. i made my own flywheel puller, an hour of time and some scrap iron vs 50 bucks.

clutch puller get the good american ones, like from epi or hiperf.com they may be 50 bucks or so but they will work.

hiperf.com also has the case sealant you will need.

·
Registered
453 Posts
madcow said:
hiperf.com can get you all the tools you need.
Hey madcow, I've never heard of this place but it looks pretty cool! Next time I need something I'm gonna' try 'em out!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I have a sponsor ship from them so i try to plug them as often as i can. dennis kirk is 10 minutes away and i get 99% of my stuff from hiperf.com shipping brings prices equal.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i have a home made flywheel puller, and a clutch puller, i also have a bunch of parts laying around you can take a look at, if youre in painsville oh, im about 45 minutes to an hour from you. im right on the pa-oh line pretty much right on the lake. you can borrow the tools if you dont want to buy ones, and can take a look at torn apart sled motors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts