Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am replacing my footrest assebely on my ultra "pain in the A$$" and i have it all apart but now my problem is RIVETS what the hell kind of rivets do i need there about fifty million kinds and what sizes or size do i need to close the deal on this. should i use a air rivet gun or a hand one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its good info but any particular rivets there are like millions of differently designed rivets. which to use

·
Registered
807 Posts
You can't beat the oem rivets, far better than on the shelf rivets at fastener stores. The price is a killer but they are high quality and dealers usually have them in stock.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Once you accept the fact that anything stainless is going to be spendy, you may as well go OEM as said. At least you will have the correct rivet for the application. Your time is worth money too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had to do it twice this year, from my personal experiance, the dealer was cheaper,better and if u got a air riviter, use that f**ker for sure. Broke off bolts in the trailing arm mounts. Its sucks i know. Use OEM and they should be metalic slivery black. Have fun, when i did mine, i broke them down into 3 pieces. Just my two sence.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
3/16 SS (or aluminum) pop rivets, probably a 1/4" grip range would be fine. I have used SS and AL rivets, AL hold good enough and are easier to remove if necessary.

·
Registered
454 Posts
^^^^^ what BS im mean PS said, it aint hard, but it inspired new words that would made my Drill Sergant proud!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts