Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys give me a quick "walk through" on replacing my hyfax "slides" on my XTRA 10? I would like to get some white ones but cant seem to find them. I will be pulling the skid so it should be easier. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Remove the bolt up in the front that holds them on, take a big brass punch or a pice of wood, and tap them towards the rear. When you have about 6 inches or so, just grab it and pull.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
And when putting the slides back on, put a coating of grease on them. It'll make removing them next time easier.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yeah remove the front bolt and place a piece of wood on the front and tap it with a hammer and then just pull. I just switch my slide about 10 mins ago

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW !!! Thanks for the FAST reply's guys!!! So you mean that little bolt up front through the tip? Seems like it would be a PITA to get that little nut off! Any ideas where I can find a pair of white ones? Can only find the black and extreme colors...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Hold the nut with a wrench and remove the screw/bolt. Have you tried dennis kirk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea kirk only has the black and the goofy colored ones. I think white would look good, guess I will have to order some black. Thanks for the help guys!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
www.hiperf.com
www.startinglineproducts.com
i don't know if they have them but it would be worth looking at

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Did you check at your dealership for colored slides? I know the one up the road from me carries all sorts of colors.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
oem polaris slides are white. Might cost a bit more, but if you are looking for white they could be an option for you.

·
Registered
855 Posts
When I was replacing mine I also wanted the white ones, the dealer guy told me they quit making them b/c all hyfax are performance hyfax now, the white hyfax were some sort of high perfomance hyfax, thats what I was told.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just see that hiperf.com has the WHITE ones back in stock!!! So now time to pull the skid! Thanks for all the help guys!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ur welcome that is what snowmobile fanatics is all about

1 - 14 of 14 Posts