Snowmobile Fanatics banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering how you restud a track. Last night i took off the nut on the stud but there is a washer on the bottom that i cant seem to get off. if anyone knows how it would be greatly appreciated if you could give me some tips. by the way its a 1995 vmax

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am a little confused here but I think you are referring to the stud backer. With older studded tracks they can be tough to get off. Just try to pry them off with a straight screw driver.

·
Registered
474 Posts
yea, we need a little more info because what ur saying isn't exactly clear. You took the nut off, okay. So behind that is the backker, usually aluminium or plastic. Just pry them off, they usually stick from corrosion. And then the stud can be pulled out from the inside of the track( so pull out from the end with the allan key hole, or the flat part. If you have a different type of studs like t nut style, tell us for more info. A picture would benifit you as we can give u more help.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I don't think it matters what style, prying will pop it off.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Style as in I was reffering to those other studs, the ice ones where the nut actually threads to the stud, instead of being one piece and having a nut and backer. Sorry for not being clear. I'll find a pic later.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yes there are two styles, push thru, where you use a backer and a nut, and T-nut style, where the stud threads into a backer that is inserted into the track, you still use backers with them also, but either way, if you have the stud removed, you just need to pry the backer or t-nut out. I found that rotating the track around the rear idlers cause them to come off easier too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.