Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I JUST got a 2003 mxz 600 H.O. and it has about 5000 k on it. We bought it off of a used sled dealer called sleddepot (www.sleddepot.com) and I have started it many times and it idles fine and revs up with no problems but we recently got little snow about 5 cm and i got anxtious and took it out for like a 5 min rip and it started to smoke quite a bit but when i stopped and idled it would be fine but when you open it up it smokes a lot and then when you first come to a stop after openin up it smokes a lot and after about a minute it goes back to normal? I put snow on the sliders and cooled everything off so it wasnt anything to do with that.
Do you guys no what it is???
[:(][V]

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
what was the temperature outside and how hot were the heat exchangers. did the coolant overflow? could be rich depending on how much it smokes.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
What is smoking? The exhaust? Fill your oil resevoir and keep track of consumption. You might be running too much oil. You can adjust the cable on the oil pump arm if it's using too much oil.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br][red]What is smoking? [/red] The exhaust? Fill your oil resevoir and keep track of consumption. You might be running too much oil. You can adjust the cable on the oil pump arm if it's using too much oil.
Thats the important question right now. Find the source of the smoke. Once you find it, what color is it and what does it smell like. Those are a few more good questions.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K thanx guys it was about -8 out and Im gonna check the oil resevoir and also were the smoke comes from and but I need a little more snow[:D] and then I will take it out and try it again, It could of maybe just been first ride effects

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
was it fogged for storage at the dealer? That could be your problem and won't go away until you run it for a bit and the extra oil gets burned off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts