Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing my 03 600 revs main jets to a 370 instead of stock 360. I know how to do that part. but my question is do i have to take the whole carb off to change the needle jet positioning ?or is there a way to get to it without takin it off. and if anyone has done this is it a long task? thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
on a flat slide carb , if you mean the jet needle.no you don't have too take off the carbs.must admit,it is a little troublesome.when you take out the screws from the top plate,you'll see the top of the jet needle,after you tape open the throttle(the fun flipper)there is a 2mm allen screw , i think it's 2mm , anyways it's a small allen screw. just loosen it a half to 3/4 turn and there is a little hook type clip under this allen screw head. move it out of the way and with needle nose pliers pull out the needle carefully and do not be abrasive. change the c-clip,re-install the needle into the carb.now, and i can't stress this enough: be very careful as too how you tighten those little allen screws.and be cautious with other internal organs of the carb.

when you first start to loosen those little allen screws, they will seem exremely tight and feel as though they would shear. just go easy and be patient. the rev chassis,as far as working on the carbs let along the engine is limited too a very small and compact place.

is this a long task, took me roughly 3/4 hour to one hour since it is so compact, especially the mag side carb.
oh ya, there may be plastic washers under the c-clip on each needle,be careful not to loose these.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm sounds similar to my bikes carb. shouldnt be too hard...except for the compact space you talk about. But anyways thanks alot for all that help gold ill get to it soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts