Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 XC 800. Where can I get a reverse kit for it? Should I get the PERC Reverse? I looked on ebay and all i found was kits for the 600's. Any info would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
ive herd that the 02's have and advanced timeing, and the oil pump only works in one way, you would need an 03+ oil pump (they work both directs since PERC was mostly standard after 02) and possibly a new stator, i looked at doing this with my 02 700 and decided not too, but the kits on ebay are good, there is a guy in minn that makes kits for the whole conversion, CDI secondary tach wiring harness etc for around 340-380 from what ive seen. he said people have put the kit in w/ out the new pump, they beleived ther would be enough oil in the crank and cyl's to run for a coulpe seconds with no problem just hope someone does jump on it and for get to take it off and burn down ur motor,

·
Registered
446 Posts
I put it on mine, not a bad job at all. I happened to find a salvaged out 03 polaris 800 that had perc. I took off the polaris roller clutch, wire harness, cdi, yellow perc button, and oil pump. I spent $150 on the parts except for the oil pump and recoil (didnt need the recoil, but figured why not), had to pay $75 extra I believe. Other than the installing the wire harness, it was not bad. Best thing you will ever do to your sled- I didnt do the flywheel or stator, the 4 degree difference is not advanced, so your safe and wont be able to tell the difference.

Just watch for used parts, not many you have to get.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
highrolla7 said:
I put it on mine, not a bad job at all. I happened to find a salvaged out 03 polaris 800 that had perc. I took off the polaris roller clutch, wire harness, cdi, yellow perc button, and oil pump. I spent $150 on the parts except for the oil pump and recoil (didnt need the recoil, but figured why not), had to pay $75 extra I believe. Other than the installing the wire harness, it was not bad. Best thing you will ever do to your sled- I didnt do the flywheel or stator, the 4 degree difference is not advanced, so your safe and wont be able to tell the difference.

sounds like a good steeel! do you have the stock wireing harness???

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did this on my 02 700 and took it off. The timing was off, plugs were white and lost a lot of power. The reverse was great, but I'd rather have it run right! Looking for mechanical reverse now

·
Registered
446 Posts
jeeprider8 said:
I did this on my 02 700 and took it off. The timing was off, plugs were white and lost a lot of power. The reverse was great, but I'd rather have it run right! Looking for mechanical reverse now
Weird, never heard of that. My guess is you didnt put the right cdi on or something. It retards your timing, not advances it, so the plugs werent white because of the perc. On mine, the 03 CDI is 18 degrees, but the stock 02 flywheel is 14, so its safe. there is a guy on here that is pretty much an expert (BigRok), he will give you the ins and outs of everything you need for perc on an 02. Mechanical reverse is an option, I have it on my 99 arctic cat, works well. But, I love the PERC much more!!

bj.hardy said:
highrolla7 said:

sounds like a good steeel! do you have the stock wireing harness???

more I think about it, I believe it was on ebay during the early fall season. Didnt get bidded up much- some guy was parting the entire sled out and he had most of the perc parts boxed and ready. Gotta love ebay!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts