Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a reverse kit that was in a '93 Indy 500 and i wanted to put it in my '91 Classic. I had a buddy that told me he wasnt sure, but thought that I couldnt because of the jackshaft being different. Can anyone confirm if I can do this swap, and does anyone have any guidance. I have the whole chaincase, gears, and reverse linkage to do it, just want to make sure I can or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i really think itll work, the top gear remains stock anyhow, the chaincases on those sleds shold be the same, hold the reverse cover to the stock chaincase and see if it fits, if it does it can be done.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Biggest problem is I have never even seen a reverse kit on an older wedge sled like that, so I dont even know where the reverse linkage mounts. Anyone got some more tips? Thanks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
not sure what youre calling the linkage, but the lever mounts on the throttle side of the handlebar. reverse on older wedges is basically exactly the same as the newer wedges. most parts are exactly the same with exception of the 98ish xc chassis sleds have a longer center to center on the jackshaft to driveshaft so those kits dont work on any other wedges.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just installed a kit on my 93 xlt, the reverse lever and cable are installed on the throttle side of the handle bars. Make sure the cable dosen't bind when you turn the handlebars all the way. Follow the directions exactly.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont have any directions, it came off a parted out sled, but I should be able to figure it out. Thanks guys, probably wont get to it til next weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the directions come in very helpful, some small spacers etc that sometimes can be confusing, i know someone on here has them in their gallery or a link to them, can someone post it for him.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The case of the '93 is the new style (brake assm mounts on top of chaincase), and the case on your '91 is the old style (brake assm mounts inside the chaincase). I don't think the new style chaincase cover fits on the old style case. If you had the same style, you wouldn't need to swap the cases, but It looks like you might have to.

As stated before you don't need to change the top gear.
And also as stated, the cable runs up the steering post like the throttle cable and the lever is behind the throttle block.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pm me your email and I will give you the pages from the manual that show the chain case assembly, I just did mine last night and it went flawlessy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts